……….

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Don't call it a comeback


Dear friends, as a blogger I have been MIA.

This poor thing has been neglected for far too long. I will skip the boring details of why and just jump in:

I still love cooking.  I still love images. I still love a few good words.

So, without further ado, let me begin with a spontaneous little photo shoot we had with Laura Deschner not too long ago. Laura, a local photographer and friend, was over having coffee one day and I told her about how I'd like to see food photography to go into a new direction. I'm just tired of the same old same old and though there are some new ideas floating around out there, most of it is just… meh.

The next chance she had, Laura came over with her bags of equipment, set up a full-on studio and did her magic.  Lucky for us, we were preparing for Veggie Freak Out, a night devoted to our vegetarian and vegan clients and we all know how photogenic a vegetable can be.  I'm being serious. Then, as if things couldn't get any better, she took the camera into the dining room and caught the freak out in action.

Za'atar Baked Sweet Potato, Goat Cheese, Roasted Red Grapes, Honey & Cracked Pepper
Minty Fattoush Salad
Edamame Guacamole with home fried corn chips

Quinoa Burger with Sriracha Mayo














3 comments: