……….

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Brunch a la carte - Valentines Day in disguise




It had been long time since I hosted a brunch, since the Hazelwood days to be exact. The whole point of having brunch was to show everyone the tasty alternative to the dreaded brunch buffets that plague this town. Where I come from and where I've been, brunch is served up fresh and warm, just for you- not from a picked over, dried up, breathed on mediocre spread. It also comes with a proper Bloody Mary and a Mimosa.

It happened to be Valentines Day. Even though I decided to down play that fact, I did use it as an excuse to buy little roses for my bud vases. You can't really get away with that any other day of the year, in my book anyway.

All in all, it seemed to be a big success- people asking if I was hosting a brunch weekly. I think I'll start bi-monthly.


Menu

Buttermilk Pancakes with real maple syrup

Eggs Juanita
with eggs, spiced black beans, grilled chorizo, two flour tortilla, fresh avocado and sour cream

Salmon Hash
two eggs on top of fried potatoes, poached salmon, fresh dill all mashed up and caramelized with maple syrup. topped with a bit of sour cream

Biscuits and Gravy
Homemade biscuits smothered with sausage gravy- for those who know, no more explanation needed

Jalapeno Cheddar Burger
served with home-fries

Homemade Honey-Almond Granola with lemon infused greek yogurt

Eggs Anyway... comes with whole grain toast, butter and jam
add on:
crispy Danish bacon
home-fries

Real Bloody Mary's
Mimosa's with fresh squeezed OJ





No comments:

Post a Comment